This festive Holiday Chicken Salad contains all the wonderful flavors of the season. Sweet, dried cranberries, crunchy pistachios and hints of orange and rosemary. It’s savory with a hint of sweet and oh soooo good!
To make this yummy salad
I started of by seasoning and roasting chicken breast. Once cooled, pull the chicken into small pieces. You can use rotisserie chicken from your supermarket deli if you like.
Place chicken into the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined. The paddle will shred the chicken while mixing. I like to leave a bit of chunks to mine, though.
Place in a bowl and garnish with a few more cranberries, orange zest and rosemary. Serve with a variety of crackers, pretzels, breads or pita chips.
Yes, it’s that easy!
Having a holiday brunch? Make little cocktail sandwiches by serving chicken salad on mini croissants or rolls. Or place a little scoop onto crostini for a tasty little bite.
Looking for more simple holiday recipes? Check out these Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pecans or this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
This salad would also be a great way to use up your leftover roasted turkey breast. Just sub the chicken for turkey. Enjoy!
More chicken salad recipes:
- Coronation Chicken Salad (Curry Chicken Salad)
- Japanese Cabbage Salad with Chicken, Edamame and Wasabi Soy Almonds
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken Salad with Marcona Almonds and Cotton Candy Grapes
Pair this yummy Holiday Chicken Salad with:
Prosecco or Mimosas, Pinot Noir, Syrah, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Riesling, Rose’, Chardonnay
- 2 cups pulled, roasted breast or rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup fine diced celery
- 1/3 cup roasted pistachios, rough chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a mixer. Using paddle attachment blend salad until ingredients are fully combined and chicken is shredded but a few chunks. Adjust salt to taste. You may add a little more mayo if needed.
The section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
chef mimiDecember 18, 2020 at 8:11 am
Definitely a festive chicken salad! I like the dried cranberries and pistachios. I’ve used the paddle method before to make rillettes. It works really well!
angela@mealstreetkitchenDecember 18, 2020 at 9:57 pm
Thank you. Mmmm rillettes
Lemony Whole Roasted Chicken ⋆March 26, 2022 at 10:17 pm
[…] Chicken Salad […]