Strawberry Rose Tea Cakes: Fresh strawberries baked into a tender, lightly spiced little bundt cake with a delightful floral scent of rose water. These really are lovely little cakes.
My first time ever using rose water and, I have to say, I absolutely love it! Not only did it add a nice floral scent, but it adds a beautiful fresh taste as well. With a bit of cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla, the smells coming from the oven, Oh my!
These little cakes are my new addiction. I wish I had made more than six! I served mine up with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and fresh diced strawberries. But they are absolutely delicious on their own. And did I mention addictive? You might want to make up an extra batch, just in case.
Strawberry Rose Tea Cakes would be the perfect little dessert for Afternoon Tea, Bridal Showers or Sunday Brunch. Or a unique twist on the ever popular Strawberry Shortcake.
And they only require about 35 minutes of your time to make, from start to finish. If you can’t find rose water at you local grocery store, I have provided a link at the bottom of this post. All of the other spices are available through the link below as well.
Check out these other favorite dessert recipes:
- Italian Almond Cake
- Pineapple Upside-down Banana Bread
- My Favorite Cheesecake
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Pear and Cranberry Strudel
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs, vanilla rose water and orange zest.
- Add butter mixture to the flour mixture and blend until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Scoop into a well greased (six well) mini bundt pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven approx. 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Let cool for about five minutes. loosen the edges with a knife, then turn cakes out onto a lined baking sheet to finish cooling
- Sift some powdered sugar over the cakes once they are cooled. Serve with freshly whipped cream or ice cream and some fresh chopped strawberries. Cake is delicious on it's own as well!
The section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!