This Lemon Rosemary Chicken Salad with Marcona Almonds and Cotton Candy Grapes is a delicious creamy and flavor packed salad.
On a recent trip to the new produce stand, I purchased these yummy Cotton Candy Grapes.
“Description/Taste Cotton Candy® grapes look like your average green grape: oval-shaped, plump and firm. Their taste, however, is something entirely different. The flavor of these seedless grapes is unmistakably just like cotton candy. It is amazingly sweet, with a higher Brix level than the average green table grape and a texture that almost crunches. There is very little tartness, which holds the sweetness on the tongue, and a finish with hints of vanilla.” (from: specialty produce.com)
If you have never tried them, You really must!
I had originally thought that I would use the grapes to make some kind of dessert, but then decided to try them in a chicken salad.
I’m so glad that I did! The sweet juicy grapes were the perfect compliment to the salty Marcona Almonds. Creating a delicious combination of salty and sweet with a nice crunchiness from the almonds. And the marinated grilled chicken makes it just perfect!
This Lemon Rosemary Chicken Salad with Marcona Almonds and Cotton Candy Grapes is great on it’s own but would be amazing on some grilled crusty bread brushed with olive oil and garlic. Or a nice buttery, fluffy croissant.
The perfect food for a sunny afternoon, on the patio, sipping a glass of Prosecco. Grab some crackers and cheese and serve it as a happy hour snack.
How to make Lemon Rosemary Chicken Salad:
For the chicken:
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon size ziploc bag
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and pour into bag with chicken.
- Massage around to coat all pieces of chicken. Marinate for 24 hours for maximum flavor.
- Grill chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Let chicken cool completely before using in the salad
Assemble the salad:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add more mayo if needed.
- No salt is required in this recipe since the chicken as already seasoned and the salt on the almonds add the perfect amount of salt.
Love chicken salad? Check these out:
- Coronation Chicken Salad (Curry Chicken Salad)
- Holiday Chicken Salad
- Japanese Cabbage Salad with Chicken, Edamame and Wasabi Soy Almonds
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Sparkling wine like Prosecco
- Chenin Blanc
- 2 cups diced Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken see previous post for recipe
- 1/4 cup scallions minced
- 1/4 cup celery minced ( I like to include to leafy tops)
- 1/2 cups Cotton Candy grapes halved ( cut in half before measuring)
- 1/4 cup chopped Marcona Almonds I used rosemary Marcona Almonds but plain salted will work as well
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Add more mayo if needed. No salt is required in this recipe since the chicken as already seasoned and the salt on the almonds add the perfect amount of salt.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place chicken breasts in a gallon size ziploc bag. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour into bag with chicken. Massage around to coat all pieces of chicken. Marinate for 24 hours for maximum flavor.
Grill chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Let chicken rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. This allows juices to redistribute.
The section above contains affiliate links to products I love!
BritneyJune 28, 2017 at 9:00 pm
I’ve heard of those Cotton Candy grapes but have yet to try them. They’re a bit difficult to find, but they sound very intriguing.
angela@mealstreetkitchenJune 28, 2017 at 9:03 pm
They are sometimes hard to find. Black or red seedless grapes would be a good substitute.
Memorial Day Weekend: 12 Recipes for your Memorial Day Gathering ⋆ Meal Street KitchenMay 17, 2018 at 4:52 pm
[…] Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce Click here Lemon Rosemary Chicken Salad Click here […]
Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken – Meal Street KitchenApril 7, 2022 at 1:28 am
[…] Be sure to make extra for this yummy salad Lemon Rosemary Chicken Salad with Marcona Almonds and Cotton Candy Grapes […]
Julie BradfordJuly 11, 2022 at 8:50 pm
Love this recipe! It’s SO EASY and cravings demand a repeat performance!
Julie BradfordJuly 11, 2022 at 8:53 pm
Love this recipe! Cravings demand a repeat performance!
angela@mealstreetkitchenJuly 11, 2022 at 9:39 pm
Thank you 😊