This delicious and addictive Chicken Salad with Pistachios and Dried Cranberries is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. With sweetness from dried cranberries, saltiness of crunchy pistachios and hints of orange and rosemary. It’s savory with a hint of sweet and oh soooo good!
I originally created this recipe for the Christmas Holiday. But it’s perfect for any day, really. Summer picnic? Sunday brunch? Afternoon tea? Yes, Please!
How to make chicken salad with pistachios and dried cranberries:
I started of by seasoning and roasting chicken breast. Once cooled, pull the chicken into small pieces. You can use rotisserie chicken from your supermarket deli if you like.
Place chicken into the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined. The paddle will shred the chicken while mixing. I like to leave a bit of chunks to mine, though.
Place in a bowl and garnish with a few more dried cranberries, orange zest and rosemary. Serve with a variety of crackers, pretzels, breads or pita chips.
Yes, it’s that easy!
Having a holiday brunch? Make little cocktail sandwiches by serving chicken salad on mini croissants or rolls. Or place a little scoop onto crostini for a tasty little bite.
This salad is perfect for holiday entertaining, summer picnics, afternoon tea or any day for that matter! Enjoy!
More chicken salad recipes:
- Coronation Chicken Salad (Curry Chicken Salad)
- Japanese Cabbage Salad with Chicken, Edamame and Wasabi Soy Almonds
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken Salad with Marcona Almonds and Cotton Candy Grapes
Pair this yummy Chicken Salad with:
- Prosecco or Mimosas
- Pinot Noir
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Unoaked Chardonnay
- 2 cups pulled, roasted breast or rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup fine diced celery
- 1/3 cup roasted pistachios, rough chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a mixer. Using paddle attachment blend salad until ingredients are fully combined and chicken is shredded but a few chunks. Adjust salt to taste. You may add a little more mayo if needed.
The section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!