Asian Pear and Arugula Salad crisp Asian pears, peppery arugula and crunchy pecans tossed with a honey and shallot vinaigrette.
Thanksgiving is only 2 1/2 weeks away! What will you be doing for the holiday? Are you serving the typical Thanksgiving fare?
I just love Thanksgiving foods! Especially the stuffing! (recipe coming in a future post) But it does tend to be quiet heavy with all that gravy, mashed potatoes, bread stuffing and more bread.
It’s nice to have a lighter side dish to go with the meal. This Asian Pear and Arugula Salad is the perfect accompaniment to pair with your holiday meal.
It’s light and crisp, with just the right amount of sweetness to compliment the traditional Thanksgiving meal.
The crisp Asian pears, peppery arugula and crunchy pecans tossed with a honey and shallot vinaigrette will also pair nicely with roast pork loin, chicken or salmon. Toss in a few dried cranberries or cherries for added color if you like.
How to make this pear and arugula salad:
- In a large bowl, add sliced pears, toss with a little bit of fresh lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Add arugula and pecans to the bowl.
- In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together to incorporate.
- Pour dressing over pear/arugula mixture and toss to coat. transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with dried cranberries/cherries.
- 2 cups sliced Asian pears
- 4 cups organic baby arugula
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan pieces
- dried cranberries or cherries for garnish
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
n a large bowl, add sliced pears, toss with a little bit of fresh lemon juice to prevent browning. Add arugula and pecans to the bowl.
In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together to incorporate.
Pour dressing over pear/arugula mixture and toss to coat. transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with dried cranberries/cherries.
More Thanksgiving side dishes:
French Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
Mom’s Southern Cornbread Dressing
Red Potato Gratin with Caramelized Shallots and Crispy Prosciutto
overthehillontheyellowbrickroadNovember 5, 2017 at 5:36 pm
I’m definitely trying this for Thanksgiving! Thank you!
Angela@mealstreetkitchenNovember 5, 2017 at 9:39 pm
You’re welcome. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Thanksgiving
overthehillontheyellowbrickroadNovember 6, 2017 at 5:06 am
Same to you! 🙂
cookwithreenaNovember 6, 2017 at 1:01 am
Full of goodness.
Angela@mealstreetkitchenNovember 6, 2017 at 2:29 am
Thank you! Reena
Spice Rubbed Roasted Salmon With Pear And Arugula Salad – Meal Street KitchenApril 7, 2022 at 12:34 am
[…] with Asian Pear and Arugula Salad and garlic mashed potatoes or rice […]