Simple Greek Salad is a delicious combination of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, sweet peppers, greek olives and feta cheese tossed in a lemony vinaigrette.
It’s light, fresh and delicious. Making it the perfect dish for your spring/summer meals. I like to make up a big batch on the weekend and have it throughout the week. It holds up really well and is a great way to get those veggies in. And for those low carber’s, it’s keto friendly.
How to make this Simple Greek Salad
- Wash and cut up the cucumber, tomatoes and peppers. Place in a bowl. Peel and cut onion in half and then into julienne pieces. Add to the bowl. add the halved olives and chunks of feta cheese. Toss gently to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- Pour dressing over the salad mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or make ahead and store in an airtight container. Salad will hold in the refrigerator for several days.
What to serve with greek salad
- Serve over a bed of romaine lettuce and top with Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and pita crisps
- Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce
- Lamb kofta kabobs
- Stuffed grape leaves
- Sauvignon blanc
- Dry, fruity Rose’
- Pinot grigio
- 2 cups English cucumber cut into half moons or cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 cup red onion julienne
- 1 cup olives Mediterranean or Kalamata
- 1/2 cup feta cheese Small diced or crumbled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- Place the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, peppers ,olives, and feta cheese in a bowl. Gently toss to combine
- In anther bowl whisk together remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Pour dressing over the cucumber, tomato mixture ad lightly toss until well coated
- Serve and enjoy!