This Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salad is like a fiesta in a bowl. Bursting with flavors of roasted corn, black beans, roasted veggies and sweet ripe tomatoes tossed in a tangy lime dressing.
Cinco De Mayo is only a couple of days away. That means yummy Mexican food and Margaritas to celebrate!
I created this salad as a side dish to go along with tacos and other Mexican fare but it can easily be served on it’s own as a light meal.
The salad itself looks like a fiesta in a bowl. And is a light and refreshing change from the more traditional beans and rice.
How to make roasted corn and black bean salad:
I roasted the peppers and onions in this dish to give them a little sweetness and to mellow the onion so that it does not overpower the dish.
Once the peppers and onions are cooled I added them to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Then toss everything in a refreshing lime vinaigrette.
Serve this Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salad with :
- Slow-Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Tacos al Pastor
- Simple Weeknight Beef Tacos
- Chili Lime Shrimp Street Tacos With Orange Pico De Gallo And Avocado Crema
More corn recipes:
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil
- Spicy Corn Maque Choux
- Corn Chowder with Crispy Bacon and Scallions
- Mom’s Cornbread
- 1 package frozen fire roasted corn thawed (I used trader joes brand)
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion julienne
- 6 mini sweet peppers or 1 large red bell pepper julienne
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place julienne peppers, onion and minced garlic in a bowl and toss with about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan in a single layer and roast in a 425 degree oven 8-10 minutes and then let cool. meanwhile place thawed corn, black beans, tomatoes and cilantro in a bowl. in another bowl whisk together oil, lime juice vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. Add cooled peppers and onions to corn mixture. Pour dressing over all and toss to coat. adjust salt and pepper to desired taste.