This Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil is a tasty twist on the Italian Caprese Salad. The roasted corn adds a slight smokiness to the salad, giving it a nice depth of flavor.
Instead of regular balsamic vinegar, I used a white balsamic which tends to be a little more acidic and not as sweet. This gives a nice balance to the sweet and smoky corn.
This salad is not only delicious, but it’s a total breeze to make! It comes together in about 10 minutes. Easy peasy!
Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad can be served on it’s own or as a side dish. It can even take on the roll of an appetizer, just top it on some grilled rustic Italian bread and there ya go. Yum!
I like using the colorful heirloom cherry tomatoes because they and more color to the salad. I also used some fresh Thai Basil because it was what I had on hand but regular basil will work as well.
How to make the salad
- Using a colander, thaw the roasted corn under cold running water stirring it around a bit until fully thawed. Make sure to drain off all of the water.
- Place the corn, tomatoes, basil and mozzarella in a bowl and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the corn mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
What to serve with the salad
- Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken , Roasted or Grilled Salmon, Pinot Noir, Garlic And Peppercorn Roasted Pork Loin are just a few great options.
- Italian Beef Ciabatta Sandwich with Peppers, Onions and Mushrooms
- On a bed of greens with a side of toasted garlic bread for a meatless meal
- Serve on grilled bread for a tasty and simple appetizer
- Over a bed of warm pasta for a lite summer meal
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Grigio
- Crisp Italian Rose’
- Sparkling Wine
- 10 ounce package frozen roasted corn
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 8 ounce package fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 handful fresh basil, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place frozen corn in a colander and thaw under cold running water. Strain well and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the halved tomatoes, chopped basil and mozzarella pearls to the bowl with the corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over the corn mixture and toss thoroughly to mix and coat.