Earlier in the day I found these giant blackberries and just had to bring some home. They are the inspiration for my Summer Bread Pudding Cups with Blackberries and White Chocolate Limoncello Sauce.
These bread pudding cups are a simple and comforting dessert , yet decadent at the same time.
The combination of juicy blackberries in a rich bread custard, drizzled with a white chocolate sauce laced with limoncello, definitely fits the bill.
I can’t wait for you to taste it! Yum!
Summer Bread Pudding Cups with Blackberries and White Chocolate Limoncello Sauce
- 7 cups cubed bread I used Croissants Brioche or Challah would be great as well
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice a blend of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, lemon, allspice, ginger
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
Place bread cubes in a large bowl. In a mixing bowl whisk together remaining ingredients except blackberries. Pour mixture over bread cubes and toss to coat. Let soak for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper cups into a cupcake tin. Once bread has soaked fold in blackberries. Fill cups about 2/3 full with bread mixture making sure to get some blackberries in each cup.
Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Cool completely before serving. Drizzle with White Chocolate Limoncello Sauce and garnish with more blackberries.
- 5 ounces good quality white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Limoncello
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat heavy cream just till boiling and remove from heat. Pour hot cream over chocolate and then whisk until melted and thoroughly blended. whisk in Limoncello ans lemon juice. let sauce cool a bit to thicken. Whisk again and pour over cooled bread pudding cups.