Wow, can you believe that it’s already February 1st?! The big game is only 3 days away. What will you be serving or bringing to your Super Bowl party?
Wings? Chili? No party is complete without the chips and salsa, right? I made this yummy Spicy Roasted Green Chili Salsa by roasting up some jalapeno peppers, fresh garlic and onions. Then added a small can of roasted green chili’s, fresh lime juice, cilantro and a bit of salt.
It came out so yummy! But warning, it does have a kick to it! If you don’t care for the heat then just remove the seeds and pith from the jalapenos before roasting them.
I roasted mine whole along with the garlic and onion. Tossed with a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper before roasting.
Once the peppers, onions and garlic are roasted, remove skin and stems from the peppers and place everything in the bowl of a food processor. Add the green chili’s, lime juice, water, cilantro and salt. Pulse several times until desired consistency.
- 3 jalapeno’s
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 large onion peeled and julienne
- olive oil
- 1 small can roasted diced green chilis (4 ounces)
- 1 good sized handful cilantro rinsed (about 1/2 bunch)
- juice 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a small sheet pan with foil. Toss jalapenos, garlic and onion with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven about 20 minutes until nicely browned. (do not burn, this will make your salsa bitter)
- Let the mixture cool i bit, then remove skin and stems from the jalapenos. Place jalapenos, onions and garlic in the food processor. Add remaining ingredients. Pulse several times until combined and desired consistency.
Pair with chilled beer or Margaritas