This Roasted Cauliflower Tabbouleh is loaded with fresh vegetables, parsley and mint then tossed with a bright lemony vinaigrette.
I just love Mediterranean flavors. Lemons, olives, tomatoes, etc… Everything is so fresh and bright tasting.
Tabbouleh, a bulghur wheat and parsley salad, is no exception. It is loaded with fresh vegetables and then tossed with a bright lemony vinaigrette.
Traditionally served alongside bowls of hummus, baba ghanoush, fresh baked pita bread, falafel and yogurt sauce (similar to greek tzatziki sauce) as the start of the meal.
Instead of using bulghur, I decided to make this fresh lemony salad with roasted cauliflower. Oh my goodness, it turned out so yummy!
Serve this fresh yummy salad with grilled or roasted meats, fish or seafood or with your favorite vegetarian dish. The lemony flavor of this salad is a great complement to just about anything you serve.
Make sure to have lots of pita bread and tzatziki sauce to serve with it. This will make a perfect healthy side dish for BBQ season. It would also be an awesome taco condiment. Try it on some grilled chicken or fish tacos. Yum!
More mediteranean inspired recipes:
- Rainbow Chickpea Salad
- Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Moroccan Spiced Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs
- Pasta Salad with Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpeas and Creamy Roasted Garlic Tahini Dressing
- 12 ounces bag cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil to roast cauliflower
- 1 cup persian or english cucumber small diced
- 1 cup roma tomato small diced
- 1/2 cup parsley minced
- 1/4 cup red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon mint minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice I used meyer lemon
- 2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower florets in food processor and pulse a few times, until they are in small uniform pieces a little larger than riced cauliflower. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil (I used lemon/garlic infused oil from previous post) and season with salt and pepper. Roast cauliflower in a 425 degree F oven until golden brown and tender. About 20 minutes or so. Cool completely.In a mixing bowl, add cooled cauliflower and the following ingredients: cucumber, roma tomato, red onion, parsley and mint.In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients to make dressing.Add dressing to vegetable/herb blend and toss to coat.