This Mocha Toffee Fudge is so rich, creamy, chocolatey and decadent! Making it the perfect sweet treat for Mom this Mother’s Day. Pair it up with a bold rich red wine such as a Malbec or Merlot and she’ll be over the moon!
Best Mother’s Day gift ever! What Mom wouldn’t love some wine and chocolate? Mom not a red drinker? Then a nice bottle of bubbly will do, as well.
But something so decadent must be difficult to make, you say? Not at all. This recipe is so so simple and easy. You can whip it up in about fifteen minutes. With a added time for cooling, of course.
I would make it up the day before to allow adequate cooling. But, be sure to mark it “hands off” or it may get gobbled up by those chocolate gremlins in the middle of the night! I know that I have some of those at my house.
You might want to make up an extra pan as a decoy. Hahahaha! Or just to have all for yourself! Cause, trust me, you’ll want some too! For quality control purposes, of course.
A few tips for making this recipe:
- Use good quality ingredients for optimum flavor. Less quality chocolates won’t give you the creamy richness of the good stuff!
- I buy raw nuts and toast them myself. They just taste fresher that way
- Be sure to line the pan with parchment paper before pouring in the fudge. Otherwise you will not be able to neatly remove it from the pan.
- once the fudge is completely cooled and set. Cut with a warm knife. (run your knife under hot water)
- 1/2 cup slivered, toasted almonds
- 1 cup heath bar bits (plus more for the top)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (60% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (I used Delallo brand)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 10 marshmallows cut in half
- Line a buttered 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Place nuts,heath bits, chocolate, butter and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook sugar, milk and marshmallows over low heat until it comes to a boil. cook 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in espresso powder. Pour into bowl with chocolate and mix. spread into pan and sprinkle the top with some heath bits. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature to cut into small squares. Enjoy!