Creamy and delicious deviled eggs that are super simple to make
Spring is in the air! These Simply Delicious Deviled Eggs are the perfect appetizer for spring. And just like the name says, they are super simple to make. Only four ingredients required, aside from the salt and pepper.
When it comes to deviled eggs, simpler is better. Their creamy goodness stands on it’s own and doesn’t require a lot of unnecessary fuss. Then you can gussy them up with an array of different garnishes.
Tips for making deviled eggs
- Don’t overcook the eggs.
- Place eggs in a pan and fill with cold water to cover. Always start with cold water. Bring to a boil the turn down the heat to a low simmer and cook 10-12 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooked, immediately drain off the hot water and cool the eggs down with cold running water. I crack the eggs a little bit at this point. It helps release the membrane from the egg.
- Let them sit in the cold water until cooled
- To peel the eggs, start at the large end and work your way around. The shell tends to release better that way
- I mix my deviled egg filling in the food processor. This makes them nice and creamy. Just don’t over-mix or your emulsion will break. Just a few pulses and scrape the sides and pulse again.
- Pipe the filling into each egg white half using a pastry bag with a star tip
- Garnish with your favorite toppings. I used a sprinkle of smoked paprika, fine diced red pepper and chopped parsley. But you can use whatever you like. The possibilities are endless.
Suggested garnishes for deviled eggs
- Smoked salmon
- Chopped black olives
- Chopped fresh herbs such as dill, parsley, tarragon
- Pickled red onion
- Gherkins or cornichons
- Pinot Grigio
- German Riesling
- Sauvignon Blanc
Looking for more simple and delicious appetizers?
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Grilled Polenta and Vegetable Stacks
- Coronation Chicken Salad (Curry Chicken Salad)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grain or dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place eggs in a pan and fill with hold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes
- Once eggs are cooked drain off hot water and cool with cold running water. Cracking each egg a bit while cooling.
- Once the eggs are cooled, peel and rinse with cold water
- Cut egg in half with a sharp knife. Remove yolks and place them in the bowl of a food processor. Set whites aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the food processor. Place the lid on and pulse a couple of times. Remove lid and scrape to sides of the bowl.Replace lid and pulse a few more times until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Scoop out filling into a pastry bag with a star tip. Using the pastry bag, pipe the filling into the reserved egg white halves.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 277IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
JennMarch 23, 2022 at 5:30 am
Terrific! These deviled eggs are the perfect snack and they’re packed with flavor!
angela@eatlivehappyMarch 23, 2022 at 9:19 am
Thank you. I hope you enjoy ????
SusannahMarch 23, 2022 at 9:35 am
We devoured these deviled eggs! These were so easy and I will be making them again.
angela@mealstreetkitchenMarch 23, 2022 at 9:51 am
Thank you so much! So glad you enjoyed them!
RachelMarch 23, 2022 at 12:43 pm
I love the tips and tricks you shared. This recipe was delicious and easy to follow. I will be making these again for Easter brunch.
angela@mealstreetkitchenMarch 23, 2022 at 5:11 pm
Thank you. So happy you enjoyed them
PatriceMarch 23, 2022 at 1:12 pm
I love a good deviled egg. I took your suggestion and had a glass of Pinot Grigio…Yep, it paired nicely! Thank your for those extra tips.
angela@mealstreetkitchenMarch 23, 2022 at 5:13 pm
Thank you! So happy you enjoyed it! And the wine
Chef MimiMarch 23, 2022 at 3:46 pm
Love these! And such pretty photos.
angela@mealstreetkitchenMarch 23, 2022 at 5:10 pm
RupaliMarch 23, 2022 at 5:11 pm
These looked so cute, yet were so quick and easy to make. It is good to have more options with eggs!
angela@mealstreetkitchenMarch 23, 2022 at 5:16 pm
Thank you! They are super easy!
Eileen xoMarch 23, 2022 at 6:41 pm
The most delicious deviled eggs. My family loved them and the recipe was so easy to follow/ Perfect results.
angela@mealstreetkitchenMarch 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Thank you. So happy your family enjoyed them
LindaMarch 23, 2022 at 10:03 pm
These deviled eggs are not just beautiful but they’re delicious, too!
angela@mealstreetkitchenMarch 23, 2022 at 11:01 pm
DonnaMarch 27, 2022 at 4:31 pm
These worked out so well. Perfect for hosting this Easter!
mand1accMarch 28, 2022 at 4:44 am
I could eat these deviled eggs all day long – delicious!
Landious TravelApril 27, 2022 at 9:17 am
Well organised post on the Tips for making deviled eggs! Excellent job!
angela@mealstreetkitchenApril 27, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Thank you. I’m glad you found it helpful.
VirtuveMay 1, 2022 at 1:48 pm
Delicius recipe, thank you! Wishes from Lithuania!
angela@mealstreetkitchenMay 1, 2022 at 2:12 pm
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.