Spring is in the air! These Simply Delicious Deviled Eggs are the perfect appetizer for spring. And just like the name says, they are super simple to make. Only four ingredients required, aside from the salt and pepper.
When it comes to deviled eggs, simpler is better. Their creamy goodness stands on it’s own and doesn’t require a lot of unnecessary fuss. Then you can gussy them up with an array of different garnishes.
Tips for making deviled eggs
- Don’t overcook the eggs.
- Place eggs in a pan and fill with cold water to cover. Always start with cold water. Bring to a boil the turn down the heat to a low simmer and cook 10-12 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooked, immediately drain off the hot water and cool the eggs down with cold running water. I crack the eggs a little bit at this point. It helps release the membrane from the egg.
- Let them sit in the cold water until cooled
- To peel the eggs, start at the large end and work your way around. The shell tends to release better that way
- I mix my deviled egg filling in the food processor. This makes them nice and creamy. Just don’t over-mix or your emulsion will break. Just a few pulses and scrape the sides and pulse again.
- Pipe the filling into each egg white half using a pastry bag with a star tip
- Garnish with your favorite toppings. I used a sprinkle of smoked paprika, fine diced red pepper and chopped parsley. But you can use whatever you like. The possibilities are endless.
Suggested garnishes for deviled eggs
- Smoked salmon
- Chopped black olives
- Chopped fresh herbs such as dill, parsley, tarragon
- Pickled red onion
- Gherkins or cornichons
- Pinot Grigio
- German Riesling
- Sauvignon Blanc
Looking for more simple and delicious appetizers?
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Grilled Polenta and Vegetable Stacks
- Coronation Chicken Salad (Curry Chicken Salad)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grain or dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place eggs in a pan and fill with hold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes
- Once eggs are cooked drain off hot water and cool with cold running water. Cracking each egg a bit while cooling.
- Once the eggs are cooled, peel and rinse with cold water
- Cut egg in half with a sharp knife. Remove yolks and place them in the bowl of a food processor. Set whites aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the food processor. Place the lid on and pulse a couple of times. Remove lid and scrape to sides of the bowl.Replace lid and pulse a few more times until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Scoop out filling into a pastry bag with a star tip. Using the pastry bag, pipe the filling into the reserved egg white halves.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy.