This Asian Cucumber Salad is so light and refreshing. With flavors of soy, ginger, sesame and a little spice all tossed tossed together with fresh, crisp cucumbers. It’s the prefect side dish for summer.
As the days become warmer, we look for lighter dishes to satisfy our cravings. And this salad is not only light and tasty, it is so simple to make. Ready in about 15 minutes!
How to make this tasty cucumber salad:
- Wash and slice the cucumbers (about 1/4 inch thick slices) then place in a bowl and toss with a little salt. Set aside, about 15 minutes.
- Julienne 1 mini red sweet pepper for garnish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Strain off any liquid from the cucumbers and then toss with the dressing.
- Place in a serving bowl (or individual bowls) and garnish with red pepper, cilantro and sesame seeds.
What to serve with cucumber salad:
- Any of your favorite grilled meats or vegetables
- Salad rolls
- Asian dumplings, spring rolls
- Tofu Teriyaki
- Char Sui (Chinese BBQ Pork)
- Orange Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
- Hawaiian Plate Lunch
- Pok Pok Wing-Thai Street Food
Looking for more light and tasty salad recipes?
Wine and drink pairings:
- Coconut Sake
- Off dry Reisling
- Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)
- Rose’ or Sparkling Rose’
- Green Tea
- 4 each Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- red pepper julienne
- sesame seeds
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a bowl and toss with the 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In another bowl add dressing ingredients and whisk to combine
- Drain off any liquid from the cucumber
- Add dressing to the cucumbers and stir to coat
- Garnish with red pepper, cilantro and sesame seeds