Crostini with Pear, Fig and Bacon Chutney, Brie and Pecans are a delicious, simple and elegant hors d’oeuvre perfect for any special event.
Crostini are a perfect vessel for making yummy and creative small bites. These crispy little breads can stand up to just about any topping.
Some other topping ideas for crostini:
- Cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and pickled red onion
- Caprese: tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar
- Hummus, roasted red peppers, kalamata olive
- Chicken salad, dried cranberries and toasted almonds
- Chevre, fig and honey with fresh herbs
- Olive Crostini with Fresh Mozzarella
Not only are they yummy but are super easy to make!
How to make Crostini with Pear, Fig and Bacon:
- Just slice up some baguette, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and seasoning (I use Trader Joe’s garlic salt grinder but a little salt and pepper will do).
- Toast the bread slices in the oven at 350 degrees F until light golden and crisped.
- Then top the breads with slices of brie and place in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese (about 4 minutes).
- Then top with some of the Pear, Fig and Bacon Chutney and a few toasted pecan pieces, Garnish with fresh herbs and voila!
Looking for more appetizer recipes?
- 1 loaf Baguette, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic salt
- 1 8 ounce brie, cut into slices
- 1 recipe pear, fig and bacon chutney
- 4 ounces toasted, chopped pecans
- sprig of fresh thyme for garnish
- Place slices of baguette on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- Drizzle bread with a bit of olive oil and a light sprinkle of garlic salt
- Place in a 350 degree F oven and cook until toasted and light brown, about 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and top each toast with a slice of the brie, place back in the oven to soften and lightly melt the cheese. 3-5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and top with the chutney. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with chopped pecans and thyme.