This Pinot Noir, Garlic and Black Peppercorn Roasted Pork Loin is marinated in a mixture of pinot noir wine, olive oil, garlic, fresh ground peppercorns and shallots creating a tender and flavorful roast.
Nothing says fall like the smell of a delicious roast cooking in the oven. And paired with a mound of potatoes, it becomes the ultimate comfort food.
Roasted pork loin makes an elegant addition to any holiday gathering. And it pairs beautifully with all of your traditional holiday side dishes.
- Red Potato Gratin with Caramelized Shallots and Crispy Prosciutto
- Spicy Corn Maque Choux
- Mom’s Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Warm Green Bean and Fingerling Potato Salad with Caramelized Shallots and Crispy Bacon
Or try something non-traditional like these colorful Grilled Polenta and Vegetable Stacks
To make this roasted pork loin:
- combine wine, olive oil, shallots, garlic, salt and peppercorn to create the marinade. Then marinate the pork for about six hours, for maximum flavor.
- Once marinated, roast in a 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size and thickness.
- Once done, be sure to let the meat rest for at least 10 minutes. This will allow the juices to redistribute, making it tender and juicy.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
- 1 1/2-2 pound pork loin
- 1/2 cup pinot noir or other red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh shallot, minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground/chopped black peppercorns
- Place pork loin into a gallon sized ziploc bag. In a bowl, combine wine, olive oil, shallot, garlic, salt and peppercorns. Whisk together until well combined. Pour into the bag with the pork loin. Place in the refrigerator and let marinate for about 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove roast from marinade and place it on a wire rack with a foil lined pan underneath. Place in the preheated oven and roast about 45 minutes to 1 hour, until it reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F when thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.Slice and serve.