This Fresh Pineapple Slaw is a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional mayonnaise based Cole Slaw. It’s a light salad that is packed full of flavor and the perfect compliment to all of your grilled meats, fish or seafood.
Can you believe that it’s already June? Summer is right around the corner. My favorite time of year! I love being outdoors with the sun shining!
Time for beach trips, BBQ’s and picnics. Pack up some of this colorful salad and take it along with you on you next picnic or outdoor adventure. It’s light, fresh and will travel well.
For easy transport, place the salad ingredients in a ziploc bag and the dressing in a jar. Then toss it all together when you ready to serve it. Perfect for your next camping trip!
- Toss in some cooked shrimp and top with chopped roasted peanuts for a healthy lunch meal
- Serve alongside Cambodian BBQ Meatballs with Coconut Jasmine Rice.
- Or with Asian BBQ Chicken Bahn Mi Sliders.
- Add to a smoky pulled pork or chicken sandwich
To make Fresh Pineapple Slaw I used a combination of red and green cabbages. After slicing the cabbage, place in a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Place the colander in a bowl to allow cabbage to drain thoroughly. Place the colander/bowl in the refrigerator while you prep the other ingredients. This will allow time for cabbage to drain and crisp up.
In a bowl, add the rest of the salad ingredients. In a small bowl mix together the dressing ingredients. Once everything is prepped, add the chilled cabbage to the bowl with the other salad ingredients.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat thoroughly. Enjoy!
For the Slaw
- 4 cups cabbage, julienned
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup shallots, julienned
- 1 cup red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, julienned
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalepeno, seeds removed
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a bowl, combine slaw ingredients. Toss to combine
- In a small bowl, add the dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine
- Pour dressing over slaw and toss well to coat. Enjoy!
- Sauvignon Blanc-New Zealand
- Unoaked Chardonnay
- Sparkling Wine