These Amazing Layer Bars take the traditional “seven layer bars” to new and amazing heights! Not that layer bars aren’t already amazing to begin with. But I took the original recipe and just “kicked it up a notch”!
I mean, why use only one kind of chocolate when you can have three? And how about a bit of peanut butter chips as well? And while we’re at it let’s throw in some heath bar bits too!
How does that sound? Amazing, right?! Oh, but there’s more. We can’t forget the coconut and crunchy walnuts, now, can we? Now that’s what i’m talkin’ bout! Down right amazing!
And these little sweethearts would be the perfect treat for your “Sweetheart”. Just take the cooled bar cookies and cut them out with a heart shaped cookie cutter. A wonderful sweet ending to your Valentines meal.
Oh, and did I mention, these are so easy to make! And you make it right in the baking dish. So you don’t create a bunch of dirty dishes and almost zero clean up. Bonus!
To make these amazing layer bars:
- Start with a 9×13 glass baking dish, toss in a stick of butter and pop it in a 350 degree F oven to melt. Once melted, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over the melted butter.
- Stir a bit to evenly coat and then press crumb mixture evenly to the bottom of the dish, creating the crust. Then you just sprinkle the remaining ingredients in even layers on the crust.
- Finish by drizzling the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top. bake 25 minutes. And Voila! Cool bars completely before cutting.
Looking for more sweet treats?
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup reeses peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup heath bar bits
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) in 9×13 glass baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
- once butter is melted, remove dish from the oven and add the graham cracker crumbs. stir around until crumbs are coated with the butter. Pat mixture down in the bottom of the dish to create the crust.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips evenly over crust. Then evenly disperse heath bits, milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate.
- Next sprinkle coconut and then nuts.
- Top evenly with the sweetened condensed milk and bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
The section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!