This Lemon Herb and Garlic Marinade is so simple and fresh. It tastes like spring! Oh, how i’m wishing for spring. I don’t think it can get here fast enough!
Lemon and herbs make the perfect seasoning for Pork, Chicken, Lamb and even Shrimp. Because of the high acidity of the lemon this is best used as a quick marinade. About 30 minutes or so.
It’s also great for drizzling over grilled vegetables, grilled or baked fish, asparagus and grilled or roasted potatoes. Yum! I love it drizzled over Grilled Salmon.
I am a huge fan of vinaigrette marinades and dressings, because they are so versatile. And such a great way to add big flavor to a dish, fast.
You can change up the herbs to suit your taste. Try a bit of fresh basil in the mix and drizzle over fresh garden tomatoes and mozzarella cheese for a new take on Caprese Salad.
Or add a bit of mint to make and drizzle over Grilled Lamb Chops. Or use to marinate fresh feta cheese or mediterranean olives. The possibilities are endless.
Just make sure to use good quality, fresh ingredients for maximum flavor. This is a great marinade or dressing for those following a mediterranean diet as well.
Check out this recipe using lemon, herb and garlic marinade:
Here are some great side dishes to compliment your marinated meats:
- Roasted Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Grilled Polenta and Vegetable Stacks
- Lemon Basil Pasta Salad With English Peas
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil
More marinades and condiments:
- The Best Flank Steak Marinade
- Lemon Love: Meyer Lemon/Garlic Infused Olive Oil and Gremolata
- Pear, Fig and Bacon Chutney
- Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl combine herbs, seasonings and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil to combine.
- Use as a marinade or dressing