Simple greek salad is a delicious combination of cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, greek olives and feta cheese tossed in a lemony vinaigrette.
Simple Greek Salad is a delicious combination of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, greek olives and feta cheese tossed in a lemony vinaigrette.
It’s light, fresh and delicious. Making it the perfect dish for your spring/summer meals. I like to make up a big batch on the weekend and have it throughout the week. It holds up really well and is a great way to get those veggies in. And for those low carber’s, it’s keto friendly.
How to make this Simple Greek Salad
- Wash and cut up the cucumber and tomatoes. Place in a bowl. Peel and cut onion in half and then into julienne pieces. Add to the bowl. add the halved olives and chunks of feta cheese. Toss gently to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- Pour dressing over the salad mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or make ahead and store in an airtight container. Salad will hold in the refrigerator for several days.
What to serve with greek salad
- Serve over a bed of romaine lettuce and top with Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and pita crisps
- Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce
- Lamb kofta kabobs
- Stuffed grape leaves
- Sauvignon blanc
- Dry, fruity Rose’
- Pinot grigio
- 2 cups English cucumber cut into half moons or cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup red onion julienne
- 1 cup olives Mediterranean or Kalamata
- 1/2 cup feta cheese Small diced or crumbled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- Place the cucumber, tomatoes, onion , olives, and feta cheese in a bowl. Gently toss to combine
- In anther bowl whisk together remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Pour dressing over the cucumber, tomato mixture ad lightly toss until well coated
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 1343mg | Potassium: 368mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 895IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Chef MimiMarch 25, 2022 at 6:34 am
This is one of my favorite salads. I love lots of feta and some kind of shallot or red onion. Salad perfection!
angela@eatlivehappyMarch 25, 2022 at 11:44 am
One of my favorite salads too!
SherryMarch 25, 2022 at 9:52 pm
My daughter has been wanting me to make different salad recipes for her. I came across your recipe and decided to give it a try. She loved the salad and asked me to make it again. Not to mention that it was super easy to make.
LindaMarch 25, 2022 at 10:37 pm
I enjoy a simple salad like this one. So light, fressh, and flavorful!
JennMarch 27, 2022 at 8:16 am
Loved this salad! All my favorite flavors and it’s perfect for light but delish meals!
RachelMarch 27, 2022 at 3:34 pm
This salad was delicious! Will be making again soon.
EileenMarch 28, 2022 at 5:06 pm
Simple, yes, beyond delicious, yes! We really enjoyed this salad and the dressings was the best.
RupaliMarch 29, 2022 at 3:30 am
Such a beautiful salad. I would love to eat this for lunch everyday!
RobinMarch 29, 2022 at 6:31 am