Simple Greek Salad is a delicious combination of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, greek olives and feta cheese tossed in a lemony vinaigrette.
It’s light, fresh and delicious. Making it the perfect dish for your spring/summer meals. I like to make up a big batch on the weekend and have it throughout the week. It holds up really well and is a great way to get those veggies in. And for those low carber’s, it’s keto friendly.
How to make Simple Greek Salad
- Wash and cut up the cucumber and tomatoes. Place in a bowl. Peel and cut onion in half and then into julienne pieces. Add to the bowl. add the halved olives and chunks of feta cheese. Toss gently to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- Pour dressing over the salad mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately or make ahead and store in an airtight container. Salad will hold in the refrigerator for several days.
What to serve with greek salad
- Serve over a bed of romaine lettuce and top with Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and pita crisps
- Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce
- Lamb kofta kabobs
- Stuffed grape leaves
- Sauvignon blanc
- Dry, fruity Rose’
- Pinot grigio
Simple greek salad is a delicious combination of cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, greek olives and feta cheese tossed in a lemony vinaigrette.
- 2 cups English cucumber cut into half moons or cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup red onion julienne
- 1 cup olives Mediterranean or Kalamata
- 1/2 cup feta cheese Small diced or crumbled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
Place the cucumber, tomatoes, onion , olives, and feta cheese in a bowl. Gently toss to combine
In anther bowl whisk together remaining ingredients to make the dressing. Pour dressing over the cucumber, tomato mixture ad lightly toss until well coated
Serve and enjoy!