This Tomato and Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette is so fresh and yummy with sweet summer heirloom cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado and sweet summer onions.
Can you believe summer is almost over? Pretty soon it will be pumpkin everything! I will miss the sweet, juicy tomatoes of summer, as they will soon be replaced by those flavorless look alikes.
Just look at these gorgeous beauties! I love the vibrant colors of these organic heirloom cherry tomatoes. And, bonus, they were on special this week! I decided the best use for these little jewels, would be to showcase them in a salad.
Along with some creamy avocado, sweet onions and a bright citrusy lime vinaigrette. This tomato and avocado salad is a big bowl of yum!
And it’s a breeze to make. Only requiring a few simple ingredients and minimal time to prepare (about 15 minutes).
Tips for making this yummy salad:
- Use haas avocados. they are the creamiest and most flavorful
- Use sweet onions, they are less potent and better for serving raw
- Always use good quality extra virgin olive oil. You can taste the difference, especially in salads.
- The same goes with vinegar. Use good quality.
- Use fresh squeezed lemon juice. Again you can taste the difference!
- This salad would be great as a main dish with some grilled or cooked shrimp added to it.
Serve tomato and avocado salad with:
- Chili Lime Shrimp Street Tacos With Orange Pico De Gallo And Avocado Crema
- Taco Tuesday! Slow-Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Black Bean Chili with Chorizo
- Slow-Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Grilled meats
Looking for more salad recipes:
- Pasta Salad With Strawberries, Gouda and Fresh Basil
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil
- Spice Rubbed Roasted Salmon With Pear And Arugula Salad
- Simple Greek Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 pint organic heirloom cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1 Avocado, diced (peel and pit removed
- 1/2 large sweet onion julienne cut
For the Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- Put the halved tomatoes, diced avocado and julienne onion in a bowl
- Prepare the dressing as directed below. Pour dressing over the tomato mixture and gently toss to coat.
- .Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with some cilantro. Enjoy!
For the dressing:
- Add all dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
The section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
The MouseAugust 26, 2018 at 10:30 am
angela@eatlivehappyAugust 26, 2018 at 11:41 am
chef mimiAugust 30, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Great salad, but I LOVE that dressing!
angela@eatlivehappyAugust 30, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Thank you so much ,Mimi ????